router showing low ping but horrible gameplay

i have my router set to everything recommended i have a ethernet cable running to the back of my ps4 from the netgear router the qos set to favor my ps4 and traffic prioritized it and still the games i get are unplayable i basically spend the day losing from leaving so many trash matches and the goes for any call of duty that i try 2 out of 20 games will run smoothly I've rebooted it moved my home location put the location in the ocean to try to go off ping i have no problem connecting to games and it rarely shows a ping but when it does its low and dedicated yet still unplayable what am i doing wrong? sucks to see other people have success with this router I've been at it since i got it anything advice is welcome 

• Administrators

What do you mean you've set QoS to favor the PS4 - Do you mean you've allocated bandwidth to it? What are your settings for Anti-Bufferbloat? What are your Traffic Prioritization settings? What is your average ping shown by the Geo-Filter and where roughly are you located? Also what is your physical setup? Paint us a picture of what is going on. 

ok got it so from the beginning i have my geo filter set to about 600 miles and strict mode on and like i said i have no problem finding games or open nat 

next, my qos settings anti buffer bloat settings set to 70% both download and upload  bandwidth allocation is 60 to my ps4 and 20 to my two there devices and i have my ps4 set in high traffic prioritization and duma os games 

my setup i have a arris modem and plugged to that the netduma xr500 and plugged to that my ps4 

my ping rarely shows up but when it does its between 15-20ms 

ive set the arris in router mode before and it didn't really make a difference and with upnp enabled no problems occur with nat or connection a all 

• Administrators

That's a really good ping so don't know why you'd be experiencing lag with that, unless it's due to the load on the servers. Remove the PS4 manual rule you did for Traffic Prioritization as it is already covered by DumaOS Classified Games so prioritizing it twice could affect the connection. Try forcing servers slightly further away to see if they play any better. You could also try optimizing your QoS settings by following this guide while doing lots of downloads and changing your Anti-Bufferbloat percentages (using Always) until you find what lowers your ping/keeps it the most stable.

http://support.netduma.com/en/support/solutions/articles/16000074717-how-to-test-your-internet-ping

Ok I’ll change the settings and give it a go and let you know how I’m getting along 

I don’t have ping plotter because you have to pay after awhile but I’ll try to base it off a series of gameplays and ping stability. 

• Administrators
19 hours ago, Kingwizerd said:

Ok I’ll change the settings and give it a go and let you know how I’m getting along 

I don’t have ping plotter because you have to pay after awhile but I’ll try to base it off a series of gameplays and ping stability. 

Once the free trial ends it will revert to the free version so no need to pay, let us know how you get on!