Geo-Filter error

I keep getting the error "Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'onReady' of undefined" in the Geo-Filter tab. I've tried resetting, etc but to no effect. Any ideas what's causing this? 

• Administrators

Does the error appear all the time or after adding your device/when a setting has been changed? How did you perform the factory reset? Usually that would definitely resolve an error like this. If you used the button in the back of the router I would suggest doing it from the interface.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry I haven't responded as I've not had the ability to mess around with the router and input all the devices, port forwarding, etc again.

Ok, what happens is that when I change the router IP address to 10.0.0.1 it shows that message "Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'onReady' of undefined" under the Geo-Filter. Can't change or do anything with it. All other tabs/sections are fine.

When I reset the router if I keep it the same(192.168.88.1), the Geo-Filter works fine. The Geo-Filter worked fine before with the 10.0.0.1 address until recently. I have several routers on my network in the 10.0.0.. so if I can possibly keep the r1 as 10.0.0.1 that would be great. I just can't use the Geo-Filter at the moment. Anything you can help me with this I'd appreciate it.

• Administrators

I can't get mine to have anything entered other than 192.168.x.x, if you back space from the last digit does it let you change the whole IP? (It might be that I'm on a beta firmware that means I can't do this so just checking). All the routers are using DHCP and handing out IPs in the 10.0.0.x range? Has one of the routers handed out the 10.0.0.1 IP?

Yeah it lets me change the whole ip for the router to 10.0.0.1. I had an issue awhile back that I couldn't set my network up with the 10.10.10.1 that I originally wanted but you said try 10.0.0.1 so I did and that worked for quite awhile. My Netduma R1 is the main router handing out all the DHCP IP's. I have several other routers/AP's taking care of the wifi. The R1 is only router that's DHCP and handing out Ip's. Like I said, I thought it worked fine for a good year or so but now the geo-filter is not working and giving that error no matter what I've tried. 

All my devices are getting 10.0.0.xxx ip's. R1 is only device getting the 10.0.0.1. All devices are working fine just can't get the geo-filter to work unless I go back to 192.168.88.1 which I'd probably rather not do as I stated earlier. Can you think of any other ideas of what would cause the "Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'onReady' of undefined" Geo-Filter error? I attached a screenshot of it if that helps. Geo_Filter_DumaOS.thumb.png.979d2ae68131d7ea258b58db4d1535bf.png

• Administrators

I can't think of another workaround to this at the moment, I'd suggest going back to 88.1 for now as we're announcing signups for the beta very soon. We launched signups for the XR routers yesterday so R1 will follow. I know it's not ideal but this close to the beta it might be worth waiting.

• Administrators
10 hours ago, NetZilla said:

Ok. Thanks for all your help. You guys are the best.

I'm also gonna be buying the XR450/500 so I'd like to get in on either beta if possible.

Awesome! You can sign up here once you've got the router: http://www.netgearinnovation.com/dumaos-beta/index.html

I already signed up but just with the R1. I tried signing up again for the Nighthawk but it says I already signed up and wouldn't let me. Anything I can do to fix that? 

• Administrators
29 minutes ago, NetZilla said:

I already signed up but just with the R1. I tried signing up again for the Nighthawk but it says I already signed up and wouldn't let me. Anything I can do to fix that? 

R1 sign up hasn't started yet so I'm not sure how you filled out the serial number etc for the NG routers. You would have to use a different email for the Nighthawk router signup.

Weird. It let me signup from that link you sent with my R1 serial and then when I tried to go back to the site to signup for the nighthawk, it said "you've already responded." I tried incognito mode and that allows me to signup but only with a different email there, and then I can input the serial number when I get the router so I'll wait to do that. Thanks for your help Fraser.

• Administrators
9 hours ago, NetZilla said:

Weird. It let me signup from that link you sent with my R1 serial and then when I tried to go back to the site to signup for the nighthawk, it said "you've already responded." I tried incognito mode and that allows me to signup but only with a different email there, and then I can input the serial number when I get the router so I'll wait to do that. Thanks for your help Fraser.

As it's a Google form it won't be checking the validity of the serial number so that's probably why, all good though!