CPU Maxed Out

I've noticed over the last few days or so that my CPU has been maxed out.  So I disabled the QoS and both CPUs were maxed out. After rebooting the XR500, the CPUs are back to normal within the 50 to 60% usage range (with QoS enabled). Not sure how long it takes for the CPU to get maxed out but after a few hours, I'll check the CPU usage and they will be maxed again. Is there anything I can do to fix this? 

I have about 40 devices connected. Not all are online pulling data at the same time. Currently, 7 on wifi 5GHz, 5 on wifi2.4GHz, 15 on wired, 13 offline.

Guest Killhippie
18 minutes ago, CourtN said:

I have about 40 devices connected. Not all are online pulling data at the same time. Currently, 7 on wifi 5GHz, 5 on wifi2.4GHz, 15 on wired, 13 offline.

Listing the devices might help and what switch are you using?

I have a gig switch on behind the router on my LAN. The router is connected directly to my ISP's fiber modem where the fiber optic terminates. I don't often make changes to the router settings. I uploaded a screen shot of my dashboard. I have noticed that when I'm on my dashboard, the CPU usage is much higher than viewing the CPU usage from the "System Information" area. However, after a reboot, the when viewing the dashboard the CPU usage is between 40 and 60% but then slowly creeps up.

tempsnip.png

tempsnip1.JPG

Guest Killhippie

Were you gaming when this was taken as high priority packets is on, and have you done a factory reset and not used a config file to restore? Thats the best way. I would reload the firmware and factory reset and set up by hand. Try using the pin hole in the back to reset, hold for 20 seconds then give the router 5 minutes to boot up and have your LAN down during this time, and the switch unplugged. What switch are you using, and are your gaming devices connected via the XR500 not the switch  as DumaOS wont recognise anything beyond the switch. A screenshot of your Antibufferbloat settings and network may also be useful. The XR500 should happily deal with up to 250 devices.

• Administrators

It's likely Auto Ping constantly communicating with the Geo-Filter to see if there is a server for it to ping and as KH said Traffic Prio. When the CPU is much higher do you experience any issues at all?