Slow Speeds when Using Netduma

Lydonb7

HI all,

very recently bought a Netduma R1 Router. When connected directly to my ISP Router I get about 490mbps (m connection is 500 up 20 down). However when changed to birdge mode with everything going through Netduma I get 190/200 max. Tried switching off QOS to no avail. I am running the latest DumaOS. Please find a link to my ISP modem below:

https://help.melita.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/Arris-TG2492.pdf

• Administrators

Double check that you have done everything set out in this guide: http://support.netduma.com/en/support/solutions/articles/16000022366-why-is-my-connection-speed-lower-

If it still isn't any faster then it is likely the maximum that the router can handle unfortunately. You could try with the Arris having the R1 in the DMZ instead but realistically it's unlikely to make a difference.

Hi thanks for your reply. What do you mean by what the router can handle..which router the one provided by the isp? Shall i try putting R1 in DMZ rather than bridge mode?

Also I am running the latest OS I think the link you gave me is for the old version

• Administrators

No the R1, if that is what you're getting with QoS completely disabled in Anti-Bufferbloat options then that is most likely the maximum speeds it is able to handle. Yes you can try doing that, it's unlikely to make much of a difference though. Sorry, as long as you've disabled it in Anti-BB options then you don't need to change any other settings.

• Administrators

The theoretical maximum observed in the lab is higher than that but in a home setting you're unlikely to achieve that, so with all the settings changed to ensure max speed then yes that's the maximum you're likely to get through the R1.

• Administrators

If you have disabled QoS in the Anti-Bufferbloat options menu then there isn't any other settings to look at. You could always factory reset and then disable the option again to see if you get any higher, perhaps if it hadn't been rebooted or reset in awhile that could prevent it achieving higher speeds.

• Administrators

All you need to do is just upload the previous firmware to the router from the upgrade option, that's it. Then once it has done clear your browser cache/cookies and you can access it.

so revwrted back to the old firmware...with turbo and super turbo mode enabled was down to 180mbps then left only turbo mode enabled and got up to 400mbps...does that make any sense to you guys?