Add Valorant to geofilter

Thank you!

I hadn't realized this was an approach, thanks for the heads up. It did in-fact work, but perhaps too well. It seems that Valorant uses some centralized servers for certain services (i.e., authentication, VoIP) and a blanket approach like this sweeps them all up. Unfortunately, the locations for these servers fall outside of my desired radius.

I managed to get the authentication piece working by "Allowing" the server, so now the game boots properly; however, I have not yet solved the VoIP piece. I'll continue to monkey around with it-- trying to "Allow" it as well-- but my hope is that someone with more direct knowledge of how this operates will sort it out better than I :). At this point, it's not entirely obvious what servers/endpoints related to what.

To that end, do you know if Valorant is slated to be "officially supported"? E.g., in the list of games offered when adding devices.

• Administrators
On 7/13/2020 at 6:37 AM, bz0r said:

Thank you!

I hadn't realized this was an approach, thanks for the heads up. It did in-fact work, but perhaps too well. It seems that Valorant uses some centralized servers for certain services (i.e., authentication, VoIP) and a blanket approach like this sweeps them all up. Unfortunately, the locations for these servers fall outside of my desired radius.

I managed to get the authentication piece working by "Allowing" the server, so now the game boots properly; however, I have not yet solved the VoIP piece. I'll continue to monkey around with it-- trying to "Allow" it as well-- but my hope is that someone with more direct knowledge of how this operates will sort it out better than I :). At this point, it's not entirely obvious what servers/endpoints related to what.

To that end, do you know if Valorant is slated to be "officially supported"? E.g., in the list of games offered when adding devices.

For those reasons you've stated is why we generally need to test a game for compatibility. If you try to use voice in game then it should prompt an icon on the Geo-Filter to appear for you to then allow. We do plan to add support for this as we've already added Valorant to the Traffic Prioritization list in 3.0.