ReadyShare Storage - Some Folders Get Error "Location is not available" - Windows 10

I'm wondering if someone can point me in the right direction. I've tried setting up an NTFS drive with ReadyShare. For some reason, I can't access some folders/files but I can access others on Windows 10. If it doesn't work, I get the error:

"Location is not available

file location is not accessible. The specified server cannot perform the requested operation."

I've restarted my PC, I've tried on another Windows PC with the same issue, I've restarted the router, I've tried with ReadyShare having a password or no password. I've compared the permissions between a working and non-working folder and they match identically. I've tried resetting NTFS permissions.

If I access the drive via a browser (readyshare.router) I can access all folders fine.

Any ideas as I'm at a dead end? This is with the XR700 V1.0.1.24.

• Administrators

This is a Netgear specific feature so you may get better support if you create a ticket with them. However, I would recommend you double check by seeing if your drive is compatible by taking a look here: https://kb.netgear.com/18985/Will-my-USB-drive-work-with-ReadySHARE use the XR500 as reference.

Thanks - I've cross posted over there. My exact drive isn't on there but the fact it connects and I can see most media makes me think it should work still.

• Administrators
34 minutes ago, Nelinski said:

Thanks - I've cross posted over there. My exact drive isn't on there but the fact it connects and I can see most media makes me think it should work still.

I'll try and help you there as well as it is a community forum so you won't get an official response.

If anyone wants to follow along: https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-Pro-Gaming-Routers/ReadyShare-Storage-Some-Folders-Get-Error-quot-Location-is-not/m-p/1908110#M18666