Jump to content

Half Speed Network + Xbox App blocked windows 10


Recommended Posts

Good afternoon all, 

 

Having taken all steps to troubleshoot the issues Im having I'm out of ideas.

First issue being my speed of the net I'm getting through the Duma R1(40mbps) compared to my BT hub 6 (75+mbps), I've followed all the steps to troubleshoot this issue and I've even gone back to the old hub to double check it to no avail on why its pulling slower speeds on the Duma compared to the hub6. my Ping has also risen from 1ms to 10+ms 

Im on BT halo FTTP 75down 20up connection soon to be 150down and 30up. 

 

Second issue being one that I've always had and still not figured out and that being the windows 10 xbox app blocked and can't find the Toredo server to connect to. I found a post on here about it and I couldn't make head nor tale of it tbh. 

Any ideas on the above issues? 

p.s I've updated to the latest DUMA OS

 

Thanks in Advance

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

For the speed issue I would recommend you double check you've done everything from this guide to ensure you get maximum bandwidth through the router: http://support.netduma.com/en/support/solutions/articles/16000022366-why-is-my-connection-speed-lower- also just to double check are you using WiFi to test the speed? How have you setup the BT router? Have you put it in modem/bridge mode or are you using the DMZ to ensure you don't get a double NAT. Is the WiFi enabled on the BT router and are devices connected to it instead of the R1? If so they will pull bandwidth away from the R1 and also means the R1 can't control all your devices to eliminate lag. 

I had this issue but it turned out to be that the latest Windows version wasn't working correctly - it also prevented me from syncing saves in games despite nothing wrong with the connection. Installing the Windows 10 Insider Build - the most stable resolved this completely and have never had an issue since. This also may be related to how you have the BT router setup as I've mentioned.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Netduma Fraser Just wondering with those settings preemptive/reactive is that 60Mbps upload or download? In your screenshot you have 100/10 set. So which setting would you use in that case? in my case it's 1000/35, but the upload is were I'm having the congestion with lots of cloud cams and zoom meetings all going on at once. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrators
19 minutes ago, Juicy360 said:

@Netduma Fraser Just wondering with those settings preemptive/reactive is that 60Mbps upload or download? In your screenshot you have 100/10 set. So which setting would you use in that case? in my case it's 1000/35, but the upload is were I'm having the congestion with lots of cloud cams and zoom meetings all going on at once. 

Usually you would need to enable both turbo and super turbo mode in miscellaneous settings which would essentially disable QoS completely to get higher speeds but as you're having congestion select reactive and do all the other changes which don't involve the turbo modes.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So im using a wired PC to test the speed with a CAT6 1ft cable. The R1 is plugged directly into the fibre modem that takes the fibre line into it. im not able to access that modem at all even when I had the hub connected. (the hub is out of the network fully) 

I've followed all the advice in the articles but some of the steps are missing in the DumaOS I have installed (1.3.29) on firmware version (2.1.3.29) turbo mode is missing and the misc tab in settings is also not anywhere to be seen along with packet prioritisation. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrators
7 minutes ago, JasonDodd said:

So im using a wired PC to test the speed with a CAT6 1ft cable. The R1 is plugged directly into the fibre modem that takes the fibre line into it. im not able to access that modem at all even when I had the hub connected. (the hub is out of the network fully) 

I've followed all the advice in the articles but some of the steps are missing in the DumaOS I have installed (1.3.29) on firmware version (2.1.3.29) turbo mode is missing and the misc tab in settings is also not anywhere to be seen along with packet prioritisation. 

Apologies, wrong guide. For DumaOS you should be getting those speeds outright, could you follow this guide please to see if you can reach them: http://support.netduma.com/en/support/solutions/articles/16000076586-dumaos-optimal-settings-guide-maximum-bandwidth-speeds

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Apologies, wrong guide. For DumaOS you should be getting those speeds outright, could you follow this guide please to see if you can reach them: http://support.netduma.com/en/support/solutions/articles/16000076586-dumaos-optimal-settings-guide-maximum-bandwidth-speeds

Tried this guide also, zero fix. I am able to go back to my hub only and the speeds are fine. I also have a new hub from BT coming which can handle even more apparently. Is it that the R1 is just so old now? even though I've just bought it last week?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrators

If you connect a device via WiFi do you get higher speeds? - I'm not expecting the full amount but do you get higher than 40? Could you have a look at the Device Manager table view please and take a screenshot and then post it here?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrators

Thank you, that explains it. With PPPoE this limits your speed through the router, do you have a spare router you can put between the BT hub and R1 in order to handle PPPoE or can you have the BT hub handle PPPoE instead? I think that would resolve the speed issues you're seeing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I could put the hub back in the network but then its an extra device that realistically isn't needed to be there to work if that makes sense? 

is there a way to not use PPPoE? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrators

Yeah that makes sense, I know it isn't ideal but until/unless we can resolve that on our end I think that is the best option. Adding another router/hub won't negatively impact your connection though so it's more just having the extra unit to deal with that is the issue there. As far as I know BT require PPPoE but you could ask them if that is the case, otherwise to get more speed from the R1 you would need another router/hub above it handling PPPoE.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...