High Ping on WIFI

ALNAHY

Hi,

I don't know the reason for this, but I have consistent higher ping when connecting on NetDuma WIFI vs my router WIFI.

I can't play games, its so lagging and annoying. check the picture below, the first test is the ping test on ISP router WIFI while the second picture is NetDuma WIFI. 

as you can see the avg ping is almost doubled my router WIFI.

I hope you can help me solving this problem.

Firmware version R1 2.1.3.29

thanks.

netudma.png

• Administrators

If your normal router WiFi is on at the same time and both routers are close together then they could clash and cause lag. Also if the other router WiFi is on then that indicates you have devices connecting to it which means that the R1 cannot control all devices and prevent local congestion. Also under what circumstances were these tests done? Have you used a WiFi analyzer to find the least congested WiFi channels and changed to those?

3 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

If your normal router WiFi is on at the same time and both routers are close together then they could clash and cause lag. Also if the other router WiFi is on then that indicates you have devices connecting to it which means that the R1 cannot control all devices and prevent local congestion. Also under what circumstances were these tests done? Have you used a WiFi analyzer to find the least congested WiFi channels and changed to those?

Hi Fraser,

the routers are in the same room but not too close, the test were done using my mobile, I connected to both network and started a ping test within the same minute.

I'm not an expert with WIFI analyzer, can you show how so I can show you the details.

thanks for your help.

• Administrators

I would recommend disabling the original routers WiFi which will help with both the WiFi aspect and general ability to eliminate local congestion. It depends what analyzer you're using but look at the available networks around you and what channel they're using then try to pick a channel that is the furthest away from them or pick one that is being used the least by other networks.

4 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

I would recommend disabling the original routers WiFi which will help with both the WiFi aspect and general ability to eliminate local congestion. It depends what analyzer you're using but look at the available networks around you and what channel they're using then try to pick a channel that is the furthest away from them or pick one that is being used the least by other networks.

Thanks Fraser,

I've checked an indeed channel 1 was the absolute worst channel since there were around 5 or 6 networks using the same channel

I've changed it to 11 and its a lot better.