Router stopped working

I've been using the Netduma R1 since 2015. Suddenly stopped working. No changes made. Tried factory resetting from misc page and the router itself. 

Seems the firmware has (possibly) been upgraded as factory reset does not fix the issue.

I also note when selecting the misc page in the browser there is a message the page could not be loaded. The cloud settings do not load and the connection timed out. 

It appears it will only connect 1-2 devices at a time. 

With 3 kids and 2 parents working from home this is not an ideal situation.

If I cannot get it working as before I will have to ditch the router. Which would be a shame.

Appreciate any help or info.

Thanks

Guest Killhippie

At 5 years old it could be hardware issues, that's old for any device that is on 24/7 and routers are made cheaply, if you have done all the steps you can to get it working, I would say it does sound like its possibly failing.Maybe one of the team will be able to help you but there are much better spec routers out there and if you need DumaOS you could go for a XR300 but it is a bit buggy. Asus make some good gaming routers that may be worth looking at if the XR series does not entice you.

Thanks for the reply. After some time unplugged today I tried powering the router up tonight and everything is working fine again.

I know it's an old router with outdated... everything. I just can't seem to let it go. It's been so reliable with almost no issues that I can recall. Excellent bit of hardware and software.

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Glad to hear you managed to get it working. Just so you know, unplugging the router for a period of time can fix weird issues like this - we generally recommend 24 hours if possible.