Low ping but choppy gameplay

I’m having trouble with my netduma I’ve had the r1 and bought the XR500 twice and still having issues my ping shows that I’m getting around 10-15 most of the time but the gameplay isn’t smooth at all I’m seeing people first and dying first I have my surfboard router set to bridge mode and I have no problems with open nat but I don’t feel like my gameplay matches with the ping it shows any help?

This happens to me on modern warfare 2019 on xbox. Although doesn't matter if I'm using r1 or xr500 or isp router. It's down to the games lag compensation and servers. I'm on 6ms and get the same thing you mentioned. I play bo4 or battlefield or fortnite and everything works normally.

Yes I’m playing the new modern warfare 

I either get a host tick or a ping but host tick most of the time but when I do get a ping it fluctuates very little I’m running a wired connection and using qos at 70% on both upload and download I have a surfboard  modem and the NETGEAR nighthawk connected to it have everything set up to how it’s instructed but still isn’t working out  

4 hours ago, digz_au said:

This happens to me on modern warfare 2019 on xbox. Although doesn't matter if I'm using r1 or xr500 or isp router. It's down to the games lag compensation and servers. I'm on 6ms and get the same thing you mentioned. I play bo4 or battlefield or fortnite and everything works normally.

Yeah I’ve had some good games on indignity with the r1 but I was in a different area and b04 works ok but inconsistent sometimes good games and sometimes trash but like you said it’s the servers but I just want to rule out that I’m not doing this to myself based off the the videos of low ping with the netduma I should have some good gameplay too not saying that I didn’t but it’s very rare I do.

23 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Where are you located and what server are you playing on?
Are you playing MW?
Does your ping fluctuate at all?
Are you using QoS?
What is your physical setup?

es I’m playing the new modern warfare 

I either get a host tick or a ping but host tick most of the time but when I do get a ping it fluctuates very little I’m running a wired connection and using qos at 70% on both upload and download I have a surfboard  modem and the NETGEAR nighthawk connected to it have everything set up to how it’s instructed but still isn’t working out  

Hello, I have got the same problem but with Battlefield on PS4. I noticed in the grafic ping (geo filter) my send tick rate (green)was around 100 and recieve rate (brown) around 200 while all the others are around 20 to 30...don't know how to solve that and I think thats mayby the problem...or should it be like that?...Need half a magazine to kill anyone if lucky sometimes...

Bf5 for me is flawless not once have I encounted a wtf moment. Granted the server sits rock solid at 6ms. Not sure about the rates I'll look. I'm playing on xbox one x.

• Administrators

I'd recommend following this guide while downloading as much as possible and changing your Anti-Bufferbloat settings until you find the setting that lowers the ping/keeps it as stable as possible: http://support.netduma.com/en/support/solutions/articles/16000074717-how-to-test-your-internet-ping