XR500 vs XR300: Benefits?

Hello All,

So I currently own the XR300. I've had it for about maybe 2 months now, and there are some nuances I don't like. I've already downgraded the firmware so I can actually not see "nil values". That's one.

I don't like that it doesn't have Mu-MIMO support, which I only just realized today that it doesn't, because the 2.4ghz is SLOW AF, and I've factory reset it a few times.

I also don't like that I can't make the wi-fi networks the same name without it taking on 5G or whatever at the end. Does the XR500 allow this?

Apart from the CPU difference between these two...why would you get the XR500 over the 300? Just asking people's thoughts on why they chose it....nevermind price. :)

• Administrators

The XR500 does have both MU-MIMO and the ability for 2.4/5GHz to share the same SSID and appear as one network - Smart Connect. The XR500 also has the Hybrid VPN feature. The XR500 does have better WiFi so will have better range and could maintain speeds better. The XR300 is the cheapest model and therefore an entry model for people who want a Nighthawk Pro Gaming router but perhaps don't want to pay more for the other routers.