Geo-Filter stoppeed working?

SaiPlyus

I need support getting Geo-Filtering to work.

It worked in the past but I've not been using the router since I only get 50% of my speeds with it.

I need the Pings of who I'm play today in tournaments.

Do you mean PC? I don't use Consoles.

450 download / 25 upload

For Tekken 7 on PC, which Geo-Filter Selector or Profile is suggested?  The game is through Steam but uses Unreal Engine.

• Administrators

You didn't mention what gaming device you were using so yes PC but first change the PC to an Xbox or PlayStation in the Device Manager and then add it to the Geo-Filter - that will add it using the Games Console service and should then allow it to work with Tekken.

Did you input your speeds and allow it to auto configure?

Yes , I set it up.

If I have the Geo-Filter Map set to a specific range, why do host show up that aren't in it? 

If I'm connecting to 1 single person by p2p should I have multiple host showing up?

• Administrators

You mentioned you're using it for tournaments, are you doing this via an in game playlist or via a third party site and then connecting to a specific player? I assumed the later which is why I mentioned using Spectating Mode which doesn't filter connections, hence why people are outside your radius. You'll have another server appear that is required for online play so 1 peer and 1 server should appear. We haven't specifically tested the game so by making the PC a console device type and adding it to the Geo-Filter it will allow you to see hosts properly.

When it worked a month or 2 ago,  I specifically had it setup as Computer and the person I connected to would be the only Host that would show up.

Now 3 or more host show up.

There is in game match searches for regular matches,   for the tournament we will however join a lobby made by us or a tournament organizer.

This game doesn't allow filtering connections prematch, They only show up after I connect to them (I may able to filter them after connecting).

Also the pings displayed don't account for whats going on in the match. Would that be the games netcode or something else?

• Administrators

Could you provide a screenshot of what you're seeing on the Geo-Filter when you're in the game please? Ok so for tournament spectating mode would be the right thing to do. We haven't specifically tested for it so sounds like they may have updated it and so would now require testing. What is the average ping shown by the Geo-Filter and what does it show in game? Some games include things like processing delay into their calculation of ping so that may be what is happening there.

• Administrators

Not sure what you mean exactly, are you asking if there is any way you can lower the ping? That looks right, that big icon is the host. It must search for quite a few peers and sustain potential connections with them.

• Administrators

You're in Spectating Mode which doesn't filter which is what I recommended as you're playing a tournament with premade opponents so you have to connect to them wherever they are from, otherwise the tournament host wouldn't allow you to play.

For the tournament , I needed to know my opponents connection. I was relating the ping being displayed to connections in the past which it was noticed that the ping being displayed in netduma wasn't accurate to the stuttering match, so I'll assume its the ping to a data center and not their wifi connection.

• Administrators

You can do that with spectating mode, you'll still see all the information. It will be the ping direct from your router direct to their router, so if either of you is using WiFi that could create some instability.