XR300 with Sky Q, no internet/firmware update

Hello!

My XR300 is setup, all lights are white but following the quick start instructions has lead to the router having no internet connection. The 2Ghz and 5Ghz networks are visible and can be connected to. I tried setting the Sky Q hub to WANOE only but this hasn’t fixed the problem either. I did see in a separate post that setting the Sky Q DMZ to the WAN IP of the XR300 should work but I can’t find the WAN IP of the XR300 as I’m not the best when it comes to Networking

Any help and suggestions are appreciated, thank you!

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Put the Sky hub back to whatever settings the default were and it should allow the router to have a connection. For DMZ you can find the WAN IP of the XR router in the System Information page. Once you've applied the DMZ reboot the XR300 and see if the connection is restored. If not then on the Internet Setup page click apply again, otherwise go through the setup wizard again from settings and it should detect the connection.

On 4/4/2020 at 12:26 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Put the Sky hub back to whatever settings the default were and it should allow the router to have a connection. For DMZ you can find the WAN IP of the XR router in the System Information page. Once you've applied the DMZ reboot the XR300 and see if the connection is restored. If not then on the Internet Setup page click apply again, otherwise go through the setup wizard again from settings and it should detect the connection.

Thanks for the reply Fraser, can I ask does the XR300 with the latest firmware support Option 61? I've since set up a Vigor 130 in place of the Sky Q Hub to avoid double nat and things other users warned me of

• Administrators
20 hours ago, m0ngr3ll said:

Thanks for the reply Fraser, can I ask does the XR300 with the latest firmware support Option 61? I've since set up a Vigor 130 in place of the Sky Q Hub to avoid double nat and things other users warned me of

Unfortunately that option isn't currently available on the XR300 though it is available on the XR500 so it will come in an update but I don't have a specific time frame for when that would be.

Thank you! I ordered it due to an Amazon answer stating Option 61 IS available with the xr300, but after realising the answers are clumped together for all models I began to suspect Option 61 wasn’t available. Looks like I’m swapping for an xr500!