Reboot causes factory reset

Heya,

so this week i needed to reboot my XR500 with the latest firmware but it caused a factory reset instead.

This seems to happen for both restart through the nighthawk android app, and a reboot directly from the router page.

Power loss seems to do the same but pressing the button on the back of the router off and on didn't seem to have the same issue.

Any idea what's causing this or if there's a fix? cause its annoying whenever i have to reboot the router now it causes a complete deletion of my data and takes time to set up again.

Thank you for any answers,

David.

Guest Killhippie

That should not be happening at at all, I would say you have a hardware issue, I would open up your 'My Netgear" login that you created when you registered the router and if you have any warranty left get a RMA set up.

• Administrators

That shouldn't happen as above, I'd first suggest you make a backup before going any further so you can easily restore settings should it reset again. How did you reboot on the interface from the Settings menu or from the 'i' in the top right corner? Either way does the other method make it reset? What firmware version are you on?