No WIFI on R1 - RPC error 'ERROR_NOENT': Wireless Phy Missing

ecrivers

A few hours ago my Netduma R1's WIFI stopped working & the Netduma's WIFI network also stopped displaying in my list of networks.  I manually rebooted my router twice, waiting 1 minute each time.  The Netduma WIFI network still did not show up.  I plugged into the router via an Ethernet cable, logged in, and went to network settings and received the following error:  RPC error 'ERROR_NOENT': Wireless Phy Missing.  I am able to use the internet through the Netduma with an Ethernet cable plugged in, but WIFI does not work, and the network does not display as an available WIFI network.  

Additional steps I took:

I tried rebooting the Netduma from the setting screen.  The problem persists.  

I rebooted my modem and Netduma, leaving both unplugged for 1 minute.  The problem persists.  

Log file

In the log file on the Netduma I receiving the following two errors (didn't know how much of the log file I should, or shouldn't post-

--> user.warn com.netdumasoftware.settings: Error opening wireless-mirror with error wireless-mirror: No such file or directory.

--> user.warn com.netdumasoftware.settings: RPC call 'channels_available' exception 'ERROR: Wireless Phy Missing

Should I perform a factory reset?  

Any other suggestions? 

Thank you, 

Solution- 

I rolled back DumaOS (v.2.1.3.29) to Pre-DumaOS (v.1.03.6j).  NOTE- I had to login via an incognito tab in chrome after rolling back to v.1.03.6.  This is noted in support - http://support.netduma.com/support/solutions/articles/16000085792-downgrading-back-to-the-original-r1-firmware-from-dumaos

I then upgraded back to DumaOS (v.2.1.3.29) via the saved sig file on my computer.  WIFI is now working properly.  

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Not sure why that happened but glad you were able to resolve it. If it happens next time try disabling the WiFi, then applying, rebooting then enabling, applying and rebooting again to see if it comes back without reinstalling the firmware.

Netduma Fraser-  Thank you for the suggestion, however, I was unable to access the WiFi settings to disable.  If I attempted to access network settings for WiFi from the router I received the error - RPC error 'ERROR_NOENT': Wireless Phy Missing - and was not able to access WiFi settings to disable.  

The roll back and reinstall of DumaOS is still working as of now.