Hybrid Vpn on ps4

Mohammedx

Hi 

i want to use hybird vpn on my ps4 Specially for Overwatch as my isp blcok VOIP but i dont want to use vpn for  the actual game server only i want it for voice chat servers so it will not effect my ping in game  its possible in pc i tried it 

Regards 

also it will be great if u spport more vpn providers like ExpressVpn and PPTP servers

one last thing i notice if u use vpn the internet speed will come down too much  for example my internet is 50 Mbps but if i use internet in the router it will go to 5 mbps and im using paid vpn  if i use it  in my pc its way faster 

• Administrators

We will be supporting more providers in the future. The speed does go down yes but games don't use a lot of bandwidth at all <1mbps and also if you're using it on a different device you can apply it to specific services/applications so not everything will have those slower speeds. The way the VPN works for the console is that it will apply it to the entire device, unless you are aware of the specific ports that the chat servers use (I'm not) then that is the only way to do it but like I said gaming doesn't use much bandwidth at all and if you use a server as close as possible then the increase in latency should be manageable.

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

We will be supporting more providers in the future. The speed does go down yes but games don't use a lot of bandwidth at all <1mbps and also if you're using it on a different device you can apply it to specific services/applications so not everything will have those slower speeds. The way the VPN works for the console is that it will apply it to the entire device, unless you are aware of the specific ports that the chat servers use (I'm not) then that is the only way to do it but like I said gaming doesn't use much bandwidth at all and if you use a server as close as possible then the increase in latency should be manageable.

Hi thank u for the replay i will provide u with server ports for the voice chat 

• Administrators

That's what I mean, the ports given are for the game as a whole including chat, I couldn't say specifically which ports are just for the chat. I would recommend you VPN the console as a whole, you'll have enough bandwidth and depending on the server chosen the latency shouldn't be too much.