Best XR500 settings for xbox

JohnM

Very new to this. Trying to learn but right now this stuff is beyond my skill-set. I was reading through the documentation and figured I should double check here before I start making changes.

My set-up:   XBoxOneS wired connection to the XR500, Arris surfboard Docsis 3.1 cable modem, Spectrum Cable (400mb subscription speed).   According to xbox network test I am getting over 400mb down and 15 to 19mb upload. I have another Xbox, a smart TV and a couple tv streaming devices and computers that are on the connection now and then. All other devices are connected wireless to the XR500. The only thing hard-wired is the one XboxOne.   Speeds have stayed about the same since installing the XR500. It did smooth out my pings and my game (BF5).  My question, considering my set-up, how can I set up the XR500 to optimize my game? And/or improve my upload if that's possible?  My pings in game are mostly mid 30's ms. The Arris modem does have two ethernet ports. I do not notice a speed difference at all when I plug the Xbox directly into the modem if that info matters.

Thanks!

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Just in case you haven't I'd suggest you start by reading our optimal settings guides: http://support.netduma.com/en/support/solutions/folders/16000090646

Are ALL the devices connected to the XR500? It sounds like some might not be. No router can improve your upload speed, that is down to the ISP and the package you have. If you follow the guide that will set you up well for QoS and there is fine tuning we can make after that if needed. Most likely you can select the server in game so the Geo-Filter wouldn't be necessary here. That is a good ping but how are you checking your ping?