[XR300] FIFA 20 on PS4 not detected as "High Priority Traffic" during game

• Administrators
12 hours ago, Blueberry said:

so does the router only prioritise packets while gaming? how can i ensure my PS4 has the majority of the bandwidth in the household when its downloading updates or games? is this possible?

You can use the Bandwidth Allocation feature to do this - you allocate more bandwidth to that device. Realistically though you likely have share excess enabled so it will grab the bandwidth it needs from devices that aren't using it. Still a good idea to do so though just in case a greedy device comes along - your PS4 wouldn't have bandwidth taken away from it.

8 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

You can use the Bandwidth Allocation feature to do this - you allocate more bandwidth to that device. Realistically though you likely have share excess enabled so it will grab the bandwidth it needs from devices that aren't using it. Still a good idea to do so though just in case a greedy device comes along - your PS4 wouldn't have bandwidth taken away from it.

I have done this but I wasn't 100% sure of this worked only when high priority traffic is detected. Is high priority detected only when games are being played and I am connected to a server? Or are downloads on the ps4 classed as high priority traffic also? 

• Administrators
15 hours ago, Blueberry said:

I have done this but I wasn't 100% sure of this worked only when high priority traffic is detected. Is high priority detected only when games are being played and I am connected to a server? Or are downloads on the ps4 classed as high priority traffic also? 

Each feature on the QoS page work independently - if you select When High Priority Traffic detected on Anti-Bufferbloat then it will be dependent on Traffic Prioritization to be triggered. High Priority should only trigger when you are connected to a game, downloads/updates should not trigger it.