Youtube blocked me since installing router (new WAN ip)

after installing my XR700 (had to use VLAN tagging id 34) i've gotten a new WAN ip-adress and while whatsmyip and tracert show that i'm from the Netherlands youtube still says that "this video is blocked in your country" on VEVO stuff. (didn't have that with my old IP)

also https://www.whatsmyip.org/more-info-about-you/ says "Google Maps Platform rejected your request. This IP, site or mobile application is not authorized to use this API key. Request received from IP address 185.REDACTED.REDACTED.REDACTED, with referer: https://www.google.com/"

Did i get a wonky IP adress from my ISP or do i have to configure something else in my new router to unblock myself?

P.S: using a VPN such as the Tor browser i can access youtube just fine

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum and Happy Holidays!

I don't think this would be anything on the router. IP Blocks get bought and sold all the time so the IP that you have could have been allocated to somewhere quite remote before and hasn't yet been updated in all databases as being in the Netherlands. I would first try turning off the modem and router for about 5 minutes and then turning them back on, if you're on a dynamic IP then it should have changed, then see if it works properly. Otherwise it would be something to go back to the ISP about.

On 12/27/2019 at 1:58 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

Hey, welcome to the forum and Happy Holidays!

I don't think this would be anything on the router. IP Blocks get bought and sold all the time so the IP that you have could have been allocated to somewhere quite remote before and hasn't yet been updated in all databases as being in the Netherlands. I would first try turning off the modem and router for about 5 minutes and then turning them back on, if you're on a dynamic IP then it should have changed, then see if it works properly. Otherwise it would be something to go back to the ISP about.

Yeah i contacted my ISP, got a new static IP (it was on dynamic before) and this one isn't banned from Google's services (such as Youtube)

solved.