Geo filter concerns

AndyC

Im in Southern US and I have a dedicated server in Oregon showing up nonstop when I’m in COD Modern Warfare. Even when I’m in a party solo and not even in a game. I can be in start screen and this shows up. When u first connect to online services in the game all the US servers show up on screen. The one in Oregon is much larger than others and as the other ones disappear that one does not. Like I say I live in Southeast US. What does this mean? Am I being connected through this server? If so why? My location is set to my area. When I check IP address it is correct for my city, even in game geolocation is correct. I’m less than 100 miles from the Atlanta server where I connect to and my ping is 30-40 ms while friends 150 miles farther away than me are gettin 10-15ms and that is being checked with DumaOs also? What gives?

Not 100% certain. Does the server have a white ring around it? There are some servers that are required for online play that we whitelist from our end. It might be that the server you're talking about it actually an authentication server which has nothing to do with the actual gameplay servers. A screenshot would be helpful.