Mac Address Filtering

Netduma Crossy

Hurm, since Ethernet is working via mac sharing and I'm sure other Ethernet devices are working on the netduma, I think we'll need Iain to remote into the router for debugging.

He'll be back tomorrow which is in about 6 or so hours from now.

• Netduma Staff

Hurm, since Ethernet is working via mac sharing and I'm sure other Ethernet devices are working on the netduma, I think we'll need Iain to remote into the router for debugging.

He'll be back tomorrow which is in about 6 or so hours from now.

Ok, in that case thanks a lot for your help!

I will talk to Iain tomorrow!

Thanks so much!

Guest Netduma_Iain

Hi Crossy, happy new year!

It sounds to me like you have static IP set. Can you screenshot your network settings on windows please and also screenshot ipconfig. 

• Netduma Staff

Hi Crossy, happy new year!

It sounds to me like you have static IP set. Can you screenshot your network settings on windows please and also screenshot ipconfig. 

Hi, Happy new year to you too! :)

I have attached a screen shot with all the stuff you asked for. I think that I have screen shotted the part of my network settings that you wanted but if I haven't tell me and I will screen shot the right part!

Thanks

info.png

Hi, Happy new year to you too! :)

I have attached a screen shot with all the stuff you asked for. I think that I have screen shotted the part of my network settings that you wanted but if I haven't tell me and I will screen shot the right part!

Thanks

Yup that's what he was wanting.  

can you disable IPv6? normally isn't required but this router (might not) support IPv6.

• Netduma Staff

Yup that's what he was wanting.  

can you disable IPv6? normally isn't required but this router (might not) support IPv6.

Yep, I just unticked it!

I don't think it would make a difference though cause it was ticked when it worked with my modem. Idk though, maybe my modem supports that?

Anyway, it still doesn't let me connect to the internet when I plug the ethernet cable in and it still shuts down my whole connection....

Thanks a lot for your help though!

Yep, I just untucked it!

I don;t think it would make a difference though cause it was ticked when it worked with my modem. Idk though, maybe my modem supports that?

Anyway, it still doesn't let me connect to the internet when I plug the ethernet cable in and it still shuts down my whole connection....

Thanks a lot for your help though!

np, i'm sure Iain will have some time here in a bit and will request chat with you.

Yeah, its strange how it works with my Mac and my modem but not the Netduma.....

not really all that strange, with the Mac it's the same as having two routers

The netduma and the Mac, so any collisions that might be happening or issues with your PC on the netduma are being hidden because you are connecting to the Mac.  If you look at your PC's IP address it will be different that the rest of your network...IE

MAC IP: 192.168.88.102

PC IP: 10.0.0.5

• Netduma Staff

not really all that strange, with the Mac it's the same as having two routers

The netduma and the Mac, so any collisions that might be happening or issues with your PC on the netduma are being hidden because you are connecting to the Mac.  If you look at your PC's IP address it will be different that the rest of your network...IE

MAC IP: 192.168.88.102

PC IP: 10.0.0.5

Yeah, I suppose, and that is the kind of IP I get when connected to the mac from my PC... :)

• 11 months later...
  • Netduma Staff

Was this ever solved? I'm having the same problem.

This was ages ago but I think it was caused by a bad ethernet cable. If switching ethernet cable doesn't work, make a new thread with all the details :) I'll lock this thread as it is an old one.

Archived