Turned on R1 this evening and the ethernet ports are blinking

TheInvaderKilz

So, I can't connect to my R1 anymore. To be honest, I put it away in my drawer for a while because I was waiting for DUMA OS to come out. Anyway, life happened and I had 2 kids so I never got the chance to update to the new firmware. I plugged it in tonight to update the firmware and the ethernet ports are blinking and the reset button does nothing. Is my unit broken? I can't see how when it was fine when it went in the drawer.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Sorry about the late response, we weren't in at the weekend.

Looks to me like a power issue. I think the R1 is being turned on and off constantly, because the lights do all turn on for a second as you plug it in.

Using the same power adapter, try plugging it in to a different power outlet. If you're using a power splitter, try plugging it directly into the wall. Make sure the pin is pushed all the way into the hole, and that the adapter is in the wall properly.

If the results are the same, we might need to get you a new power adapter. I'm hoping that's the problem rather than an issue inside the R1 itself.

Keeping it plugged in for a long time while it's doing this is a bad idea.

UPDATE. It was the power supply. for some reason, the power supply was barely kicking out 6v. I've found an adapter that has a similar output to the 24v adapter supplied and got the unit working again. I don't know how safe it will be to the long term care of the R1, so how do I go about replacing the adaptor for an official one?