Custom Filtering in DumaOS?

lewk07

I don't think the destiny 2 PC filtering is doing anything. Compared to the old firmware, DumaOS feels less featured. Is there any way to set custom port ranges in the DumaOS firmware? 

Side question, is there an official downloads page that is not email based? I just want to make sure I'm actually on the latest firmware. 

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

We're in the process of re-testing Destiny on PC as a few people have mentioned to us that it's not working optimally since transferring over to steam. What is it you're seeing that makes you think it's not working correctly? Also in what ways do you think DumaOS has less features than the original firmware?

You're not able to do that on the Geo-Filter but if you delete the device from the Geo-Filter, then in Device Manager give the PC a console device type and re-add it to the Geo-Filter it may work better. Not while we're still in beta no but if you're on the DumaOS version ending in .29 then you're on the latest.

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/20/2019 at 2:11 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

Hey, welcome to the forum!

We're in the process of re-testing Destiny on PC as a few people have mentioned to us that it's not working optimally since transferring over to steam. What is it you're seeing that makes you think it's not working correctly? Also in what ways do you think DumaOS has less features than the original firmware?

You're not able to do that on the Geo-Filter but if you delete the device from the Geo-Filter, then in Device Manager give the PC a console device type and re-add it to the Geo-Filter it may work better. Not while we're still in beta no but if you're on the DumaOS version ending in .29 then you're on the latest.

I can't put in a port range or so it seemed. Destiny 2 does not work for pc and the recommendation is to set it to console. I don't think it was working, but I KNOW it works with custom port ranges.

• Administrators

No you can't use custom port ranges as there is a lot of potential for people to incorrectly setup the feature, we found that when we had it in our original firmware.

So just to clarify you've tried it with the console service and it doesn't work? It should be fine that way as it covers ports 1024-65535 and the game should be using ports within that range.