We both have an open nat, but we cant connect.

This is the second time this has happened to me today. I dont usually play in a party, but I couldnt connect to two of my friends today. They both have open nat types. I have a nat open, and my ps4 says nat type 2. I never had a problem like this before the net duma, my nat was perfect. Is there a setting I need ticked? I have my net duma in my modem/router's dmz. So that shouldnt be the problem.

• Netduma Staff

Hey crossy. Really quick. Could you tell me the proper way to reboot my isp hub? Do I unplug the netduma first, then unplug the isp hub, or do I just unplug the isp hub? Thank you so much.

You should be ok to just unplug the ISP Hub :)

Ok. I didnt know that in the future ill just unplug my isp hub :). Thank you crossy for your lightening fast replies. You are amazing. You can close this thread now.

I don't know if its fixed yet, but I am sure it is. I never thought about my geo filter when trying to join these people.

PS: You are emperor of the internet!

• Netduma Staff

I just posted in the forum section, and have gotten no support, but when this guy posts, its instant smh

"Official Netduma online support is from 10am-6pm GMT Monday to Friday. Outside of these times we may be slower to respond." #JustSaying :/

I didn't have an answer for you so I didn't reply. Your thread will receive a reply from Netduma Tech support tomorrow or from a fellow forum member who knows the answer.

• Netduma Staff

The thing is my thread didnt even have a view, so it doesnt even look like you reviewed my post? 

I read (or at least skim over) every single post on the forum. I don't know why it says 0 views, but I've read it.

• Netduma Staff

Ok. I didnt know that in the future ill just unplug my isp hub :). Thank you crossy for your lightening fast replies. You are amazing. You can close this thread now.

I don't know if its fixed yet, but I am sure it is. I never thought about my geo filter when trying to join these people.

PS: You are emperor of the internet!

Awesome! I'll leave the thread open until you confirm it works :)

If for some reason you restart the ISP hub and the Netduma does't reconnect to the internet, restart the Netduma as well.

Sorry you feel that way. I'll stop posting and taking up so much of their time so they can get to you! :)

Don't worry about posting for help :)

Just as a side note, you can white list your friends so turn off the geo filter and invite them, then give them 100% rating and click update. You can then turn on your geo filter and they will be allowed through to join you BUT, if they have a dynamic ip address you may have to re do the above from time to time as their ip address may change.

I usually find this out when friends try and join party chat and cant despite all having open nat. Re white list them and all good to go.

Bagsta, thanks for the tips, I have read about that feature, but my memory is bad so I forgot about it already of course! I'll keep it in mind now, thanks to you.

Thank you so much Crossy for your help too. I understand the issue now with my geofilter.

In my case, it seems like if I reset my isp hub, my internet goes down, and I have to use the quick start guide provided with the net duma to get my connection up and runnning again. Its no big deal, becuase my settings seem unaffected. In the future if I need to reset my isp hub I will first unplug the net duma and see if that helps. I'll figure this out soon enough. You can close this thread as my question has been answered and I am more than satisfied. You are doing a great job on here Crossy providing support; whatever they are paying you, it isnt enough. The customer support for this product is phenomenal.

Archived