Got some problems when using bridge mode on my Gateway.

Now what I have been doing is some tests between bridge mode and just DMZ the R1. But what I have found is that for me, jitter and ping are lower when i use bridge mode. But the main problems I'm having is when I use bridge mode, my gateway obviously still says what my ISP IP address is, but when I check my IP online, its different, and sometimes on speedtest.net, it shows I'm in a different location than I'm in. when just DMZ i don't have this problem. also when in bridge mode, my download is almost cut in half. And yes, I have already followed all settings from the netduma site, and have followed the optimization setup for connections less than 120mbps.

• Netduma Staff

I just read this about the slow internet speeds.

Basically it says that when you put it into bridge mode, the config file can sometimes change to default so you won't get the full speeds as the config is wrong. If you ring your ISP tech support you can ask them to check it and if it is wrong to change it.

Now what I have been doing is some tests between bridge mode and just DMZ the R1. But what I have found is that for me, jitter and ping are lower when i use bridge mode. But the main problems I'm having is when I use bridge mode, my gateway obviously still says what my ISP IP address is, but when I check my IP online, its different, and sometimes on speedtest.net, it shows I'm in a different location than I'm in. when just DMZ i don't have this problem. also when in bridge mode, my download is almost cut in half. And yes, I have already followed all settings from the netduma site, and have followed the optimization setup for connections less than 120mbps.

After you set your gateway to bridge mode, press the reset button on the back of it so the modem restarts. It should fix your IP problem and slow speed problem. I had this issue with Comcast also, and after doing a restart on the modem my speeds in bridge mode came back to normal.

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry, havn't had to to re update to this thread. But the speed problem seems to be fixed after restarting gateway. But since having it in bridge mode. The WAN IP displayed on the Netduma is different than what my Gateway displays. I know my ISP IP, and when I have it in bridge mode, the netduma changes my ip for no reason

• Netduma Staff

Sorry, havn't had to to re update to this thread. But the speed problem seems to be fixed after restarting gateway. But since having it in bridge mode. The WAN IP displayed on the Netduma is different than what my Gateway displays. I know my ISP IP, and when I have it in bridge mode, the netduma changes my ip for no reason

I think if it is in bridge mode is uses the Netduma's MAC address so you would get a different IP. Does it matter for you?

Archived