Minimum network/ADSL speed requirements?

zabir

Hey guys,

I'm looking to get myself a netduma but wanted to know what the minimum requiremnets are?

Where im from internet is almost nonexistant but we have to make do.

I've got a ps4 and use it mainly to play COD AW. I have tons of lag and can take anywhere from 5mins to 1 hour to get into a single game.

My ADSL speed is about 8mb but what i'm actually getting is about 2mb down and about 300kbs up. I have a non statip ip so i'm always on a strict NAT type.

Is it worth me getting a netduma? will it help me getting into better lobbies?

I'm based in Zambia, Africa.

• Administrators

Hey Zabir! So firstly I'd suggest calling your internet service provider to see why you're not getting the speeds you pay for. Your upload is literally about the very minimum required to play a game so I can see why you will be lagging. We can help you get an open NAT, we have a guide on our wiki for that. We can prioritise your console to get the max upload as well which should help. The Geo-filter should enable you to get either local games or allow you to put your location in a highly populated area where you're more likely to get a game :) 

Thanks fraser,

All I wanted to know is would it be a waste of money to get a netduma router with such a poor connection? With my current speeds would I be able to play at least a few decent games without lagging so bad. I'm use to a bit of lag but there are other instances where I just keep dying over and over and over again coz the guy I'm shooting at hits me when I'm lagged.

Then I think i'll have to get my hands on the R1 sooner than I thought.

My next step will be to get an R1 and see how I get on, I suppose worst case senario would be it doesnt work and I sell the R1 to someone who can use it.

Thanks Fraser once again.

Archived