High Priority Traffic

• Netduma Staff
14 hours ago, soccerjean17 said:

is there a way to prioritize Ethernet port, or the device itself instead of port numbers?

If you prioritised too much using Traffic Prio, it would grind your network to a halt. That's why we currently don't allow you to do this by device / Ethernet port.

However, we're working on new QoS tools which might include new ways to prioritise aspects of your network. The simplest way at the moment though is to use Bandwidth Allocation :)

4 hours ago, Netduma Jack said:

If you prioritised too much using Traffic Prio, it would grind your network to a halt. That's why we currently don't allow you to do this by device / Ethernet port.

However, we're working on new QoS tools which might include new ways to prioritise aspects of your network. The simplest way at the moment though is to use Bandwidth Allocation :)

I think how we prioritize devices should be up to us. The current Bandwidth Allocation system sucks, I think you guys look into it and find better way to improve in a more efficient manner. should we expect these new QoS tools you speak of on the the next firmware update?

• Netduma Staff
2 hours ago, soccerjean17 said:

I think how we prioritize devices should be up to us. The current Bandwidth Allocation system sucks, I think you guys look into it and find better way to improve in a more efficient manner. should we expect these new QoS tools you speak of on the the next firmware update?

It might be a better approach to hear what you're trying to do, there may be a way to do it. If you think Bandwidth Allocation sucks then I imagine it's set up incorrectly for your purpose. What precisely are you trying to do?