Issues with Destiny 2 and Netgear XR450

So I recently purchased a xr 450 and ever since I have started using it i find destiny 2 no longer works correctly without me getting disconnected all the time. I always seem to see dos attacks in the log files like all the time and my router will all the sudden go offline. Is there something I am missing to have to be able to play the game? I have never had so many issues with a router prior to this netgear product and this is my first netgear product, if this is a known issue or something please let me know. I can't seem to find any information for my model with this issue. also my logs are filled with this sort of thing [DoS Attack: ARP Attack] from source: 24.168.192.1 like endlessly and then also from ip's that seem to be google or amazon or related to things that I regular use so I'm wondering if that is part of the issue. Once again this problem only started once I hooked up this router, straight to the modem is fine.

edit also on firmware V2.3.2.40

Guest Killhippie
3 hours ago, gnemelf said:

So I recently purchased a xr 450 and ever since I have started using it i find destiny 2 no longer works correctly without me getting disconnected all the time. I always seem to see dos attacks in the log files like all the time and my router will all the sudden go offline. Is there something I am missing to have to be able to play the game? I have never had so many issues with a router prior to this netgear product and this is my first netgear product, if this is a known issue or something please let me know. I can't seem to find any information for my model with this issue. also my logs are filled with this sort of thing [DoS Attack: ARP Attack] from source: 24.168.192.1 like endlessly and then also from ip's that seem to be google or amazon or related to things that I regular use so I'm wondering if that is part of the issue. Once again this problem only started once I hooked up this router, straight to the modem is fine.

edit also on firmware V2.3.2.40

Have you set it up using the Destiny profile? Also don't use Ping assist with Destiny 2 and make sure its set to filtering mode. As to the DOS attacks, they are just the noise of the internet, all Netgear routers show these, many are false positives and no it wont slow you down. Did you do a factory reset after you updated the firmware? That can actually help sometimes help too if you are getting issues.

I was unaware there was a destiny profile. Sorry I'm not really experience with setting up routers. Also I hadn't tried a factory reset since the firmware update. I will see what I can search up for the destiny profile you mentioned and also try doing the factory reset. Thanks for the reply!

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

I would recommend you run through the initial tour on the router as well as the tours on the QoS and Geo-Filter pages (it's the ? icon next to the QoS/Geo-Filter titles), that will help you get to understand how they work. Would also recommend you follow our optimal settings guide as well: http://support.netduma.com/en/support/solutions/folders/16000090646

Let us know how you get on.