Looking for a new Gaming Router

RuyThor

Hello guys,

I'm research about gaming routers. Most of the time I'm playing For Honor. This is my favorite online game.

But since the last two patches my ping increase and the game change a lot for me.

So

I have a very good internet. But the game push me to a Frankfurt server and I live on dubai.

I would like to still on same server because I know the Ubisoft dont have a middle east server.

So I want know if some Router with DumaOS can help me to improve my ping on that game.

Forgive my bad english.

Thanks anyway. 

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

We haven't specifically tested For Honor so could not say for certain whether or not it would work for the Geo-Filter. Also what server were you on before the updates? The QoS will help you eliminate local congestion also and play when any device is using the internet regardless of what it is doing.

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Hey, welcome to the forum!

We haven't specifically tested For Honor so could not say for certain whether or not it would work for the Geo-Filter. Also what server were you on before the updates? The QoS will help you eliminate local congestion also and play when any device is using the internet regardless of what it is doing.

In fact I'm always playing on Frankfurt server. I know the game have Singapore and UK server too.

But the game before show me between 70 and 75 ping. And now showing 80 - 86. So this small diference make a lot diference on my gameplay.

And also before nobody complain about my connexion on the game. Now many players complain.

I ask to a friend. He live here on dubai too and play the same game. He told me the same. His ping change little a bit after last patch. Some technical change made this diference.

So if I can improve my ping little a bit maybe the game will be better again. 

• Administrators

Okay so that is down to the game then, if you get that server every time then the Geo-Filter would just still ensure that and wouldn't be able to get you anything closer if there are no other servers available. The only thing that could be done is to keep your connection free from local congestion which the router can definitely solve but that's not a guarantee it could get your server down to pre update levels.