Netduma r1

Codman

Hi I have had to sign up again lol couldn't remember password couldn't reset it. I have Asus RT-AC51U as a main router downstairs I need a wired connection up stairs for xbox one s. So I bought a set of TP-LINK WPA4220 WiFi Powerline Adapter Kit - AV600, Twin Pack. Set up one of the powerline adapters downstairs with a Ethernet cable. Went upstairs and did the same as I did downstairs then I heard about netduma r1 and wanted one to try all the features unplugged the Ethernet out of my xbox one s and plugged it into the netduma r1. The problem is its causing double nat and giving me a moderate nat type I did have a open nat type before I plugged in netduma r1 is driving me crazy now lol? 

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

You'll need to put the R1 WAN IP found in the Device Manager in the DMZ of the Asus. That should then give you an open NAT. Keep in mind that with your setup you won't be able to use the QoS effectively as all devices would need to be connected to it. Depending on what you need for wireless etc you could do Asus > R1 downstairs then have the powerline adapters connected to the R1. Disable WiFi on the Asus and use the WiFi on the R1 then you could use the QoS to control the network.