Basic set up of my router

Nebel

I am having much trouble setting up my router. I have a netgear 1750 router that is still connected to the internet and the netduma says its connected but there is no internet making getting into the interface quite challenging. I have no dashboard and I have no idea how to access it. Basically, I am a fish out of water here. Any help is greatly appreciated.

• Netduma Staff
10 hours ago, Nebel said:

I am having much trouble setting up my router. I have a netgear 1750 router that is still connected to the internet and the netduma says its connected but there is no internet making getting into the interface quite challenging. I have no dashboard and I have no idea how to access it. Basically, I am a fish out of water here. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Hi, welcome to the forum! First off, what's your setup exactly? I'm guessing it's Modem > Netduma R1 > Netgear 1750 > All devices?

Your Netgear 1750 will need to be in a specific mode to receive Internet access and allow you to use the R1 interface. It's basically getting in the way. Try accessing the interface of the 1750 and set it to 'Bridge Mode' or 'Access Point Mode' if it has either of those.

My netgear router already has it in an access point mode but Im still not getting an internet connection to the duma. I can't find anywhere to open a bridge port. Should I contact my ISP even if its not their router, we bought it separately. I just don't want to mess anything up.

• Netduma Staff
6 hours ago, Nebel said:

My netgear router already has it in an access point mode but Im still not getting an internet connection to the duma. I can't find anywhere to open a bridge port. Should I contact my ISP even if its not their router, we bought it separately. I just don't want to mess anything up.

Try these steps - I've seen these work for the AC1750 for someone else, and they're the Netgear recommended steps:

- Turn off and unplug the modem.
- Turn off / unplug the Netduma R1 router and connected devices.
- Wait 5 minutes, then plug in the modem and turn it on.
- Wait 2 minutes, then turn on the Netduma R1 router.
-  Wait 2 minutes then connect your devices to the network.