No Geo Filtering Whatsoever

Ted

On 2/26/2019 at 1:39 PM, Ted said:

I have Net Duma OS and am trying to force a connection to some low ping Blackout servers in my area (Texas). There are a few really good dedicated nearby servers with pings less than 15ms. I started with the Geo Filter ring, but for some reason the NetDuma OS kept connecting me to dedicated servers or peers that were 30-40 ms ping far away -- occasionally I would get a good low ping server, but it was one out of five tries.

So, I took your suggestion from the web to put my location in the middle of the Atlantic ocean, I reduced my Geo radius to 100 miles or so (in the middle of the ocean!), verified that Geo Filtering for my PS4 is enabled (not spectator), I am using strict mode on, Auto Ping on, Ping Assist is 15 ms or less, and Fast Search is unchecked. By theory this should have me connecting only to servers with a sub-15 ms ping. Not true. I still connect to servers in the 30-40 ms ping range consistently, without much time searching. Its not a bad game, but I am starting to wonder why I bothered to get a NetDuma at all because the Geo Filter seems to be doing absolutely nothing whatsoever.

What gives?

PS - don't tell me to reboot PS4 and restart game. I've done that 5 times - every time I change settings.

If you have the R1, and I assume you might? I highly recommend the old firmware. It works pretty much perfect. I hate to say it but it does not seem like DumaOS geofilter is working like it’s suppose to, and most of us don’t want to sit around all day messing with things just to make it work for two seconds. Since reverting back, I’m getting the lobbies I want, and almost as instantly as you can possibly get. I gave up honestly, nobody listens and everyone thinks you’re full of crap and even if you prove being right you’re wrong or you must not of done something else. 🙄