Devices?

Ok guys silly question sorry to ask occasionally a device will appear in my device manager, now sometime i will figure it out but other times totally not sure apart from mac address how do i know, example i have a amazon device AMAZON-93D6F9F68 appeared in my device manager but cant figure out what it is. any help or is ther enothing i can do except delete it

• Administrators

If it's offline, delete it as it was probably a guest in your home's device

If it's currently online you won't be able to delete, so instead you have a few options:

1. Block it - you'll then know which device it is because that device will no longer have Internet
  2. Look at the IP address of the device and then see if you can find it
  3. Look at the MAC address (find in Device Manager) and then Google the first part of it. That may give you an idea as to what it is.

Obviously one other clue that helps you is when it's online, it will show how it's connected (e.g. LAN or WiFi), which can offer some clues.

3 minutes ago, Netduma Admin said:

If it's offline, delete it as it was probably a guest in your home's device

If it's currently online you won't be able to delete, so instead you have a few options:

1. Block it - you'll then know which device it is because that device will no longer have Internet
  2. Look at the IP address of the device and then see if you can find it
  3. Look at the MAC address (find in Device Manager) and then Google the first part of it. That may give you an idea as to what it is.

Obviously one other clue that helps you is when it's online, it will show how it's connected (e.g. LAN or WiFi), which can offer some clues.

thank you when you say first part can you be more pacific sorry to ask

• Administrators
12 minutes ago, davewhit said:

thank you when you say first part can you be more pacific sorry to ask

No need to apologise, I should have been clearer! If you go to the Device Manager, click on the device you're not sure about. Then in the new panel that opens, click 'Block'

The device will then not have any Internet, so best let everyone know in your home that you've done as they could get confused (it could be a Kindle or an Echo for example)