Geo-Filter issue/questions

• Netduma Staff

Your setup sounds great. With the Geo-Filter it's all a matter of preference, so don't let it worry you too much :) Ping Assist will allow you to connect to any game under the Ping Assist value you choose. So if you chose 40ms, you could connect to games under 40ms - whether they're outside your radius or not! Super handy way of finding the best games no matter where they are, and I'd recommend keeping it on at maybe 30 or 40ms.

Unfortunately there's no way to combat players connecting from really far away. No router will ever be able to stop other players from joining your lobby - that'd be cheating. Rather your goal here is to get the best server, which usually means (if the game net-code is any good) that the players in the server will have a decent connection too. Ultimately being on the best, lowest ping server is the most important thing. Try forcing particular servers as you wish and see if your experience improves!

• Netduma Staff
4 hours ago, LuringGranny said:

Here’s what I found. Dedicated servers in black ops 4 are horrendous. The Peer servers are WAY better with the XR500. The ping is better in game and average about 25-30 kills a game with 1 or 2 deaths. I basically denied every dedicated server. 

Ha, fair enough! Nobody seems to like the dedi's in CoD, not since Advanced Warfare anyway. Glad you're getting better games using your strategy :)