Ddos attack while on vpn

HSG82

I'm a destiny 2 player who does a lot of pvp.  Which for those that don't know..means I get hit offline a lot.  I've been on the netduma xr500 for a few weeks with no issues.  Last night....the attack took down my vpn, which I found impressive but ddos attacks started to show up in my router log as well.  How could this happen?  It didn't take down my network like it used to but I was completely amazed see attacks coming to the router.  Any ideas?  Just trying to figure out what happened.  Thanks in advanced!!!

• Administrators

Those entries that you see in the router are not actually DDoS attacks. They are common entries that are shown on all Netgear routers and are nothing to worry about. They just show connections the router is getting basically.

Just now, Netduma Fraser said:

Those entries that you see in the router are not actually DDoS attacks. They are common entries that are shown on all Netgear routers and are nothing to worry about. They just show connections the router is getting basically.

Thanks for the response.  I saw the messages yesterday while I was getting hit.  they disappeared after i switched VPN's on the xbox.

also, it took down my stream while the DOS attack was happening.  It only went down for like 20 seconds but somehow having just the XBOX on the VPN and getting attacked, kicked the xbox and caused the stream to drop until i swapped IP's.

Not sure what we can do, just reporting what i saw.

Thanks for your time!

• Administrators

Yeah they would have disappeared because those connections would have been going through the VPN instead. Yeah that's expected behaviour, especially if you had block internet if VPN disconnects enabled but other than that seems like everything is running smoothly from what I can see