Extremely Slow VPN Speeds

HSG82

Running Express VPN on my xbox one through the NetDuma Hybrid VPN.

Before this update, I would get about 3 down 3 up and have no issues gaming online (The game i play gets me hit offline all the time).

Now, I can't even play on a VPN.  i get "Contacting servers" constantly and get disconnected several times during a game.

Anything i can do?  When i test speeds on a computer, it's 3 down 3 up, which is exactly what i used to get before this update, so it appears to be limited to the Xbox.

• Administrators

It sounds like the server you are using is currently not offering a stable connection so are you able to try a different server? You will obviously need to put in a new config file for that server to do this.

Also try using UDP instead of TCP (or the other way around if you're already using UDP).

4 hours ago, Netduma Admin said:

It sounds like the server you are using is currently not offering a stable connection so are you able to try a different server? You will obviously need to put in a new config file for that server to do this.

Also try using UDP instead of TCP (or the other way around if you're already using UDP).

Tried 3 different servers.  i will continue to try other servers but don't feel this is the issue.  I used these servers on the version before the beta without any issues.

• Administrators

Ok, thanks for confirming. If you disable the VPN, do you then get full speeds? Just want to make sure it’s not another feature on your router (e.g. QoS). 

Also, if you go to System Information when your VPN is enabled, is your CPU maxed out on the CPU Usage panel?

15 hours ago, Netduma Admin said:

Ok, thanks for confirming. If you disable the VPN, do you then get full speeds? Just want to make sure it’s not another feature on your router (e.g. QoS). 

Also, if you go to System Information when your VPN is enabled, is your CPU maxed out on the CPU Usage panel?

The CPU jumps up and down.  it's not maxed though.

VPN enabled i do get max speeds.  I have QOS disabled.

14 hours ago, HSG82 said:

The CPU jumps up and down.  it's not maxed though.

VPN enabled i do get max speeds.  I have QOS disabled.

after troubleshooting with a friend i think it has to be CPU speed.  He has no issues at all and gets up to 10 mb/s down.  while i'm only at 3.  i bought an XR 500.  Will report back if my issue clears up