XR500 Issue with Dropbox

Assume that it is doing what it's supposed to by prioritizing the gaming packets. But is there a way, since this is used for my business as well, to allow Dropbox to take the priority. I Dropbox code for clients and with it connected to the XR500, the upload time went to 30  minutes plus. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Traffic Prioritization is only meant to be used for low latency/bandwidth allocations. If you were to prioritize a heavy download/upload like that it would cause issues for your connection. However, you could manually add the ports dropbox uses to do so. I would not recommend it at all, just have Anti-Bufferbloat disabled for full speeds.

Fraser,

Thanks for the response. I have the Anti-Bufferbloat set to never. So not sure that is the issue. The primary Day use is sending clients files over Dropbox so it needs the priority. The gaming that happens when the kids are at home can suffer during that period. I liked the DumaOS and the flexibility, but the primary use was to set bandwidth allocations. Should enabling the Dropbox ports keep the maximum allowed bandwidth? Gaming sessions that are important, happen after I finished working for the day.

Thanks

• Administrators

Set the Device using Dropbox to 100% bandwidth in Bandwidth Allocation for upload or a slightly lower number so other devices have some bandwidth and uncheck share excess for upload, that should prevent other devices taking the bandwidth you need

14 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Set the Device using Dropbox to 100% bandwidth in Bandwidth Allocation for upload or a slightly lower number so other devices have some bandwidth and uncheck share excess for upload, that should prevent other devices taking the bandwidth you need

Ok, I set the port forwarding that you initially mentioned and that fixed the issue. But now I see that you stated I can set the upload to just under 100%. Which is the preferred method?

FYI - This has been the best tech support I've seen in awhile. Glad I made this choice.