Filtering Mode vs Strict Mode

• Netduma Staff
15 hours ago, ebartolome said:

Can someone tell me what the difference between Filtering Mode and Strict Mode?  I read the description for both and they are pretty much the same.  Does one work without the other?

Hi, welcome to the forum! Strict Mode is meant to be used with Filtering Mode. You can have it on or off depending on your preference.

If Strict Mode is on, you won't be able to connect to anything outside your radius, full stop. No matter what it is, nothing will be able to get through your radius / filter.

If Strict Mode is off, your filter will still block most connections (peers) but you'll be able to connect to important things like Dedicated Servers that are outside your radius / filter.

As a rule of thumb, if you're getting kicked from games and you don't know why, it's probably because Strict Mode is blocking something that the game needs. In that case, just disable Strict Mode and you should be fine. We recommend Strict Mode on in most games since it's useful to filter out distant Dedicated Servers. I hope this helps!