Lag help

Fawhs

I keep getting disconnected from the BO4 servers and lagging really bad in game to the point where i can not play the game.

I have the newest update R1 2.1.3.29

My xbox is wired.

I have the geo filter on strict mode with a radius of 500 miles and ping assist set to 30.

My QOS settings are,  When High Priority Traffic Detected, 20% download 60% upload with my xbox added to Traffic Prioritisation

My speeds are 200 down 10 up 

• Netduma Staff

An update from Treyarch fixed a bunch of issues with BO4 last night - give it a try and see if your situation has improved. I'd also recommend a Pingplotter test; your issue could well be a line quality issue. Let us know the results of testing like that, and if possible let us know what sort of pings you're getting to the game :)

I can't use ping plotter as i have had it before so its not free now and ping from the in game connection meter or the auto ping on the netduma? because they are always different by a lot.

I have woken up today and now the netduma will not connect to the internet? nothing changed its still wired the same and for some reason no internet connection on my PC or xbox but i have internet when i connect to my other router

• Netduma Staff
1 hour ago, Fawhs said:

I can't use ping plotter as i have had it before so its not free now and ping from the in game connection meter or the auto ping on the netduma? because they are always different by a lot.

I have woken up today and now the netduma will not connect to the internet? nothing changed its still wired the same and for some reason no internet connection on my PC or xbox but i have internet when i connect to my other router

Huh, well that was an unexpected twist! What is your Modem? Is your modem in Bridge Mode / Modem Mode? What happens when you factory reset the Netduma? How about if you perform a hard reset (turn off the Netduma and Modem. Wait 5 minutes then turn on the Modem. Wait another minute and turn on the Netduma).

Ping shows higher on in-game readings because it also accounts for input delay - a figure that's entirely out of your control relating to the game servers. In-game readings are highly inaccurate so I'd stick to the Netduma readings.

I have the virgin media super hub 3 and it isn't in modem mode because of the wifi is worse on the netduma and not everyone can connect to it. The netduma is in the hubs DMZ. I also factory reset the netduma got to play 2 games and then no internet connection again.

My system log when i went offline if this helps?

Tue Nov 20 00:09:04 2018 kern.info dpiclass-daemon: Kill flow due to timeout

Tue Nov 20 00:09:04 2018 daemon.warn odhcpd[739]: Failed to send to ff02::1%br-lan (Operation not permitted)

• Netduma Staff
12 hours ago, Fawhs said:

I have the virgin media super hub 3 and it isn't in modem mode because of the wifi is worse on the netduma and not everyone can connect to it. The netduma is in the hubs DMZ. I also factory reset the netduma got to play 2 games and then no internet connection again.

My system log when i went offline if this helps?

Do you get Internet access through your Modem when this happens? Have you put your hub in Modem Mode? Try increasing the lease time for the R1 using DHCP lease.