Feature Request - Support for Static Route

Sorry if this has been posted/requested before, but I didn't find it.

Basically, I'd like a way to be able to set up a static route for a network and point it at an IP/Interface.  My setup is as follows:

Modem - Duma (192.168.88.0/24) - Other Router (10.10.10.0/24) - Rest of my network (also on 10 network).

Right now, if I'm on the Duma subnet, I cannot access anything on my network.  I have to connect my laptop to my home network in order to access my media/files/etc.  I'm using wireless so I cannot connect to both networks at once and just update my network routing table to take care of it on my end.

I think this would be an easy feature to add in the next update.  Basically, the statement on my Mac would be something like this:

route -n add 10.10.10.0/24 192.168.88.2  where the first subnet is what I want routed and the second IP is the gateway it should be routed to.

I'm sure you can easily add a nice, pretty interface/GUI in the Settings/LAN or Settings/Misc pages with just a Check Mark to enable one static route and then two boxes to enter IP Addresses (the subnet you want to route and the gateway IP).

Hey nogard, I'll go ahead and move this to suggestions. I believe this may be in the ticket system already but I'll add it if not :)

Cool, thanks Fraser.  It would be nice to be able to reach my home network from the Duma side (obviously the reverse is possible as I can access the Duma from my 10.x.x.x/24 network already).

• Administrators

Cool, thanks Fraser.  It would be nice to be able to reach my home network from the Duma side (obviously the reverse is possible as I can access the Duma from my 10.x.x.x/24 network already).

Yeah that would be nice :)

Archived