Internet connection problems

Biren09

Hey guys my internet just recently started having problems. My computer is hard wired to the router and it says I'm connected but websites are timing out. Some would go through but speedtest.net and steam would time out. I've tried everything I could find online and none of it worked. I went to command prompt and ping a couple places and 0 packet loss. So I switched out the router with another one I had and everything started working again. Do you guys thing it is something in my settings that would have changed all of a sudden? It was working a couple days ago and now it's doing this. If you guys have any ideas please feel free to chime in. Thanks.

• Administrators

Do you experience the same issue on Wifi or just wired? If Wifi does the same, untick wifi workaround in settings > miscellaneous and then we can get a little clearer idea of whats happening. 

• Administrators

What modem/router do you have? In the R1's settings can you ensure you turn off IPv6 in LAN, WAN and Miscellaneous settings please as well as ensuring automatic settings on your PC http://wiki.netduma.com/doku.php?id=how_do_i_set_an_automatic_static_iplook at the video for windows, except untick IPv6 and make sure all the options on IPv4 are set to automatic please

Also I forgot to mention it was only one pc not working everything else in the house worked fine wired or wireless. But the factory reset fixed it all. I guess something got corrupted or something. Thanks for helping try to figure it out

Archived