Nat Type - Question before purchasing.

TrippyTrip

Hey guys,

I am currently with Virgin and am using he Superhub 3.0 - my NAT type has always been open up until the last week or so where it ha changed to moderate.

No matter what I do regarding the DMZ or Port forwarding my NAT type will remain as moderate - unfortunately this means that my friends who are also on moderate can not join my party and we can not play together until someone with OPEN comes online to form the party..

I have read that the Superhub 3.0 has a lot of issues, and have been considering an upgrade to a good gaming router for a while.

Will obtaining an OPEN Nat type be something that is very easy on a NETDUMA OS?

Thanks

• Netduma Staff
5 hours ago, TrippyTrip said:

Hey guys,

I am currently with Virgin and am using he Superhub 3.0 - my NAT type has always been open up until the last week or so where it ha changed to moderate.

No matter what I do regarding the DMZ or Port forwarding my NAT type will remain as moderate - unfortunately this means that my friends who are also on moderate can not join my party and we can not play together until someone with OPEN comes online to form the party..

I have read that the Superhub 3.0 has a lot of issues, and have been considering an upgrade to a good gaming router for a while.

Will obtaining an OPEN Nat type be something that is very easy on a NETDUMA OS?

Thanks

Hi, welcome to the forum! If you get the Nighthawk XR500 it'll be super easy to get an open NAT, since it has its own dedicated DMZ feature. (This means you can put your consoles into the XR500 'DMZ', which effectively gives them an open NAT). On the R1 it shouldn't be hard. Both routers have UPnP which will automatically port-forward for any game you're playing. You could also put your router (when you get it) into your Superhub DMZ which could help.

Let us know if you have any questions, we're happy to help :)

18 hours ago, Netduma Jack said:

Hi, welcome to the forum! If you get the Nighthawk XR500 it'll be super easy to get an open NAT, since it has its own dedicated DMZ feature. (This means you can put your consoles into the XR500 'DMZ', which effectively gives them an open NAT). On the R1 it shouldn't be hard. Both routers have UPnP which will automatically port-forward for any game you're playing. You could also put your router (when you get it) into your Superhub DMZ which could help.

Let us know if you have any questions, we're happy to help :)

Thank you for the info! :)

• Netduma Staff
1 hour ago, TrippyTrip said:

Thank you for the info! :)

No problemo. If you need anything else just let us know - and if you do get one and struggle to get an open NAT, just come here and let us know! There's always a solution :D