help does anyone know if Verizon quantum router have puma6 chipset

Matthew_D

I have Verizon Fios quantum modem-AC1750 an I've been doing ping test on ping plotter just the router to my computer an have a lot of jitter. an I just bought stp ethernet cables to see if that would fix the problem an it didn't. so does anyone know if my modem could be bad or be interfering with my connection?

No, the way fiber works would not use the puma chip... Your best bet is to have verizon provision your own router so you can connect it directly to the ONT (box on/in your house) with an ethernet cable

1 hour ago, iAmMoDBoX said:

No, the way fiber works would not use the puma chip... Your best bet is to have verizon provision your own router so you can connect it directly to the ONT (box on/in your house) with an ethernet cable

so right now im using Verizons router. so your saying my best bet is to get my own an use it through Verizon? cause right now using their router im getting a fair amount of latency spikes in my line connected straight to my computer. plus I have the xr500 for gaming.

34 minutes ago, Matthew_D said:

so right now im using Verizons router. so your saying my best bet is to get my own an use it through Verizon? cause right now using their router im getting a fair amount of latency spikes in my line connected straight to my computer. plus I have the xr500 for gaming.

With Verizon's approval you can use the XR500 in place of their modem/router... Ethernet directly into the box they install in/on your house.

Their current modem/router is likely connected to your house through coaxial cable which could be causing your spikes... Could also be an issue with your fiber line. Either way you could have a tech come out and take a look

3 minutes ago, iAmMoDBoX said:

With Verizon's approval you can use the XR500 in place of their modem/router... Ethernet directly into the box they install in/on your house.

Their current modem/router is likely connected to your house through coaxial cable which could be causing your spikes... Could also be an issue with your fiber line. Either way you could have a tech come out and take a look

yes it is connected by coax cable. would you recommend using the xr500 like that in place of that or would you go get a router an then hook the xr500 up to it? ....... but yea could have a tech to make sure.

1 hour ago, Matthew_D said:

yes it is connected by coax cable. would you recommend using the xr500 like that in place of that or would you go get a router an then hook the xr500 up to it? ....... but yea could have a tech to make sure.

ONT > XR500 > Your devices