Sky Fibre - sr102 [black]

Sky Fibre - sr102 [black]

1.  Plug both routers into the mains > Ensure sky hub has the 'Broadband' telephone cable plugged into it and other end to the wall faceplate/splitter.

2.  Plug one end of Netduma supplied patch cable into the Sky hub ethernet port 1-4 [any port].

3.  Plug other end of patch cable into Netduma POE port [no.1].

4.  Log into Sky admin interface through your laptop or smart phone [type in 192.168.0.1 into internet browser address bar].

5.  Click on 'Advanced' > default username is 'admin' default password is 'sky'.

6.  Click on 'WAN Setup'.

7.  Ensure MTU is 1500 [sky authentication checks this when you connect, will still work if a different figure however].

9.  Check the box 'Default DMZ Server' and enter the Netduma R1 address, which should be 192.168.0.x > then click 'Apply' at bottom of page. If you are on R1 version 1.02.3 or above go to "Device Manager" at the top of the page you'll see "WAN IP", you can get the "x" from there.

10. Connect laptop/pc to Netduma R1 to make sure they are working and you get access to the internet.

11. Go back into the Sky admin interface and click on 'Wireless' > 'Wireless Settings'.  [Netduma allows you access direct through the R1 if you go to 'Device Manager' and click on 'view other router interface' ].

12. Scroll down to Wireless Access Point and uncheck box 'Enable Wireless Access Point' [disabling Sky wireless so that all users must use the Netduma R1].

<End>

Guest Netduma_Iain

Thanks for the post! I've edited slightly

I've taken out WAN ping as some people may see that as security risk. Also slightly changed step 8, you had the R1s LAN address when you needed the WAN address.

• 3 weeks later...

hi i've done above but in device manager it still says We have detected you are connected to another router (as opposed to a modem). In most cases the Nematode R1 circumvents this, however, if a game detects closed NAT you may need to enable modem mode or DMZ. Click here for more information. 

Guest Netduma_Iain

Shows you snapshot of your network. Also if you click "Edit" at the top you can rename devices, change their type, these are there for aesthetics only the rest of the router uses that info to display the device.

You can also delete/block devices in edit section too :)

• 9 months later...

Thank you this was very helpful in setting up my new Netduma router but I fear something must have gone wrong and perhaps this advice is outdated?

I followed the instructions and wiped the old port forwarding rules I had on my Sky device and allocated the Netduma as default DMZ with the correct address but end up with the following problems in the last week since installation:

Repeated NAT issues with friends on PS4 that are not normally an issue preventing communication in party chat.

Internet speed dropping from 33Mbps to around 1/2 throughout the day. Removing the NetDuma from the equation and using the Sky device directly immediately saw my speeds go back to normal.

Difficult to find full lobbies in Destiny crucible without people being forced out (followed the wiki advice on correct settings for the geo filter)

Would appreciate if could look at my settings at a time when working from home. Otherwise the kit is very promising but clearly something not quite right in my set up.

• Netduma Staff

Thank you this was very helpful in setting up my new Netduma router but I fear something must have gone wrong and perhaps this advice is outdated?

I followed the instructions and wiped the old port forwarding rules I had on my Sky device and allocated the Netduma as default DMZ with the correct address but end up with the following problems in the last week since installation:

Repeated NAT issues with friends on PS4 that are not normally an issue preventing communication in party chat.

Internet speed dropping from 33Mbps to around 1/2 throughout the day. Removing the NetDuma from the equation and using the Sky device directly immediately saw my speeds go back to normal.

Difficult to find full lobbies in Destiny crucible without people being forced out (followed the wiki advice on correct settings for the geo filter)

Would appreciate if could look at my settings at a time when working from home. Otherwise the kit is very promising but clearly something not quite right in my set up.

Hi Alan, welcome to the forum :)

Can you make sure that the GeoFilter is disabled when joining other lobbies and loading up the game to avoid any NAT issues.

And can you follow this guide regarding the speeds.

If you want someone to take a look at your settings you could pop into chat or PM me or another admin/mod and they might be able to take a look for you :)

Archived