Devices stay in the network monitor, device manager and connection control

Netduma Crossy

• Netduma Staff

I was wondering if it was possible to have items that are not connected to my network anymore remove them selves. I have seen that friends phones stay on the network monitor and connection control and device manager even when they are not connected to the network.

Is there a setting anywhere which I can make it so it does not shows them or do I have to go into network manager and remove them?

Thanks

Guest Netduma_Iain

Hi Crossy,

Yes if you go to "Device Manager", click edit at the top. It lists a table of all devices you can delete them there(as well as block if you want :P)

• Netduma Staff

Hi Crossy,

Yes if you go to "Device Manager", click edit at the top. It lists a table of all devices you can delete them there(as well as block if you want :P)

Ok, I see, but is there no way for the non active devices to be removed automatically? :)

Thanks

Guest Netduma Fraser

Ok, I see, but is there no way for the non active devices to be removed automatically? :)

Thanks

We could have it on a timeout, say been inactive for a day and then it gets removed? Let me know how youd like it to work. 

I was trying to delete some devices from the Device Manager tab, but I get "The device can not be delete because it is still active. Please disconnect the device, reset the router then delete the device." Is this correct?

I have my devices connected to my nighthawk which is connected to the Netduma.

I was trying to delete some devices from the Device Manager tab, but I get "The device can not be delete because it is still active. Please disconnect the device, reset the router then delete the device." Is this correct?

I have my devices connected to my nighthawk which is connected to the Netduma.

this means the device still has it's DHCP Lease, if you go to Settings > DHCP (Lease Time) that's how long you have to wait before you could delete the device.

basically overtime it will say dormant

Guest Netduma_Iain

Abc is correct rameses. However if you want to delete it really quick. Just restart the router(pull plug out, wait 10s, put plug back in) then go find the device and you'll be able to delete it now.

Archived