Legacy port forwarding rules error

C00LhandNUK3

I just got my beta today and am loving the new interface. The one issue I've had is with the 11 port forwarding rules that I had previously set up on my original R1 firmware. after installing the DumaOS beta I went through all the network settings to see if I needed to change anything. It appeared that everything imported fine until I got to the port forwarding tab. My 11 rules from my original R1 were there, but they didn't have names. Thinking they may be corrupted, I decided to just delete them and re-enter them. The first six deleted fine but then I got this error:

RPC error 'ERROR_VALIDATION': Validation failed for 'name'

I tabbed over to QoS after a few tries at deleting the last five rules. When I tried to come back to the Network Settings tab the page wouldn't load and I got the same error again. I had to PUPD the router and was then able to load the page and even delete the next three nameless rules before getting the error again. A soft reboot of the router allowed me to delete one more rule. Another soft reboot was required to delete the last rule. I'm just using standard UPnP for now but will probably set up port forwarding again soon. 

Just thought I'd drop the note in case anyone else has the same lockout issue and can't get the page to load. Don't freak out, just try some soft/hard reboots.

• Netduma Staff
7 hours ago, C00LhandNUK3 said:

I just got my beta today and am loving the new interface. The one issue I've had is with the 11 port forwarding rules that I had previously set up on my original R1 firmware. after installing the DumaOS beta I went through all the network settings to see if I needed to change anything. It appeared that everything imported fine until I got to the port forwarding tab. My 11 rules from my original R1 were there, but they didn't have names. Thinking they may be corrupted, I decided to just delete them and re-enter them. The first six deleted fine but then I got this error:

RPC error 'ERROR_VALIDATION': Validation failed for 'name'

I tabbed over to QoS after a few tries at deleting the last five rules. When I tried to come back to the Network Settings tab the page wouldn't load and I got the same error again. I had to PUPD the router and was then able to load the page and even delete the next three nameless rules before getting the error again. A soft reboot of the router allowed me to delete one more rule. Another soft reboot was required to delete the last rule. I'm just using standard UPnP for now but will probably set up port forwarding again soon. 

Just thought I'd drop the note in case anyone else has the same lockout issue and can't get the page to load. Don't freak out, just try some soft/hard reboots.

Hi, welcome to DumaOS! Thanks for letting us know what's happened in-depth, that's super helpful.

I'm glad reboots allowed you to delete those rules. Most of the settings transfer just fine but it looks like something went wrong there. I'll pass this on to our developers in case they think anything needs fixing here, but it's likely just a phenomenon of upgrading that can't really be solved.

Thanks for this though - if you have any other issues or questions about DumaOS just let us know :)