Fritz!box 3490 support

• Netduma Staff

Some folks have managed to get Fritz working with the R1 before. I'll copy in some steps for you to consider taking which will allow you to put the Fritzbox into Bridge mode (hopefully allowing you to use it with the R1)

- Download the configuration file found here: https://www.edpnet.be/en/support/installation-and-usage/internet/manage-fritz!box/how-to-configure-fritz!box-7490-in-bridge-mode.html
- Open a web browser and navigate to the Fritzbox interface
- Click 'Browse' and find the configuration file you previously downloaded. The password is 'avm' (without quotes)
- Click 'Restore'
- Your Fritzbox is now in bridge mode. Connect the Netduma to LAN4 of your Fritzbox

Let me know if those steps make sense - I've not tried them in person since we don't have a Fritzbox to test, but hopefully that should work.

• Netduma Staff
19 hours ago, SaltyMcSalty said:

That configuration file is for the 7490 not the 3490. I tried it anyways and the Fritbox is dead  :) :) 

Nevermind, I have a Zyxel in bridge monde that will do for now. Cheers. 

Ah, my bad on the config file I should've linked the 3490 one (if it exists). As I say it's hard for us over here since we can't test Fritzbox's easily.

If that Zyxel setup works for you that's great, it'll give you a lot less hassle than a Fritz I can tell you that. Let us know if you have any more issues, we'll be happy to help :)