Destiny 2 and AC1750 R6400 setup?

New to this forum! I don’t know if this is the right forum to post to. I have Netgear AC1750 R6400 router for my Xbox one and experience lag issues. Was wondering is there any set up that I can do for the router to reduce lag or should I just upgrade to xr500? Please let me know and thanks!

• Netduma Staff

New to this forum! I don’t know if this is the right forum to post to. I have Netgear AC1750 R6400 router for my Xbox one and experience lag issues. Was wondering is there any set up that I can do for the router to reduce lag or should I just upgrade to xr500? Please let me know and thanks!

Hi, welcome to the forum!

The XR500 could drastically decrease your lag and improve your gameplay. Our own router (the Netduma R1) and the Nighthawk XR500 are the only routers in the world that allow you to control which host you connect to in-game, and both feature QoS built from the ground up to eliminate lag.

I'm not familiar with the AC1750 R6400, and if you wanted to hold on to that router then you'd be better off asking around on the Netgear forum or in our 'off topic / general' section on this forum. Some basic tips though - make sure you're playing on a wired connection, with a wired controller and preferably on a gaming (low latency) monitor. I hope this helps!

• Netduma Staff

Thanks for your answer I think I will go with the xr500!

Ah good stuff. You're safe with your decision - the XR500 is currently the best rated gaming router on the market, and it's in the process of revolutionising routers forever. DumaOS is designed to be entirely future-proof, since we designed it to be incredibly easy to upgrade with solid foundations.

I hope you enjoy your XR500, and I hope you enjoy the new features we'll be adding long into the future!