Sky fibre ( MER connection )

Hi All

Looking forward to purchasing this router , I have a question re my ISP sky fibre who run with

MER connection and not PPOA . This means I can not use my Netgear router loaded with Ddwrt and have

To use the home hub combined modem / router

I hope the netduma will just plug in into the sky hub with no issues ? Does anybody have advice or

Experience with this

Thanks all

Guest Netduma_Iain

Thanks for considering purchasing the router.

I know we definitely have some customers using Sky. They mentioned MER as well. I think, but hopefully someone else will answer, that you need it to sit behind your existing router. But if you put in DMZ it will be optimum anyway. I'd also suggest you switch off the wifi on the other router as well.

Anyone one Sky, what is your current setup?

Hi BOV,

The router seems to work ok so far with Sky Fibre although you currently have to connect the R1 to the sky hub [or possibly your own if you've sharked the login details etc].  Caveat here that i haven't tested all the functionality yet, but will report back if find any issues, but it definitely does connect ok to the internet and PSN/XBL. 

I've posted a step by step guide in the installation section of the forum.  Hope this helps.

Archived