Not only NO, but HEEEEELLLLL NO!!

Dillinger

The short list to play James Bond in the next evolution of the character has been widened a bit by a recent addition to the mix.

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2015/06/16/could-damian-lewis-be-next-james-bond554582/

Now I'm a bit older than some on here, and in my lifetime there have been (5) men to hold the title of 007.  I wasn't old enough to be "alive" when Lazenby had his one role, but I liked the man.

Of the 5, I felt Dalton was a throw away.  Looked good in the tux and that was about it.

Connery (his personal life choices aside) was always the quintessential Bond to those of my day.  He had it all working, and he was kind of a nasty prick anyways, so the violence worked.

I wasn't thrilled when they cast Pierce " Remington Steele" Brosnan, but he did a really good job and was believable to me.

When I heard that Daniel Craig was going to be James Bond, I wasn't excited, until I saw the first outtakes and teasers and then I was satisfied with the choice.  He did a good job, though the most recent movie was garbage.  But Craig did a good job with the role.

But the dude from Homeland?!  C'mon.  Whiskey-Tango-Foxtrot over?!?!

His odds are 3:1, right behind Idris Elba (Stringer Bell from The Wire; Losers; Truck from MW3) as 5:2.

How is that even a competition?!  And why isn't the world ready for a sophisticated, intelligent black Bond?

Do the right thing Hollywood.  Don't cast Sappy Simpleton to take the lead in the longest running movie franchise in history.

LOL..

Aside from it being a Fox News story, I think the chances of a 'strawberry blonde' being cast as 007 are remote at best ;)

Tom Hardy is a good shout. Daniel Craig is confirmed for the next film, no?

Hey man, it's a slow news day, I was looking for something to alleviate the Blops 3 hate.  :D

Craig is confirmed for one more.  I have read he has an option for an addition, and I have read he is done, so I guess we will see.

@JConnor - YES!  Polish him up a bit (get him a razor for crying out loud) and suit him up!

Don't get me wrong but : 

I grew up with Roger Moore as James Bond.( childhood favorite)

Second Likes : Sean Connery, Pierce Brosnan and Daniel Craig

Worst to me: Timothy Dalton

You forgot the man I grew up watching as 007.. Sir Roger Moore.

f6ZZSvHm.jpg

Connery / Craig best Bonds.

Jaws, most iconic Bond Villain? 

I didn't forget him, I just didn't mention him because his roles were meh.  I liked Roger Moore, but I was born into the "Moore is Bond" era, so I didn't have an opinion one way or the other at that time.

Archived